KoMSO sustains cooperative ties with both research groups and scientific institutions nationally and internationally, and seeks to enhance exchange between academia and industry while, simultaneously, strengthening interdisciplinary cooperation within the sciences in order to improve existing relations as well as to launch new initiatives.
At an international level, KoMSO serves as the German network node in the European Service Network of Mathematics for Industry and Innovation (EU-MATHS-IN), which consists of various national or multinational industrial mathematics networks. It is the declared goal of EU-MATHS-IN to “leverage the impact of mathematics on innovations in key technologies [through] enhanced communication and information exchanges” (Excerpt from Mission Statement).
EU-MATHS-IN consists of the following network nodes:
- Austria: IMNA - Industrial Mathematics Network for Austria
- Belgium: BE-MATHS-IN – Belgian Network for Mathematics in Industry
- Czech Republic: eu-maths-in.cz - Czech Network for Mathematics in Industry
- Finland: Finnish National Network on Mathematical Modelling
- France: AMIES - Agence pour les Mathématiques en Interaction avec l’Entreprise et la Société
- Germany: KoMSO - Committee for Mathematical Modeling, Simulation and Optimization
- Hungary: HU-MATHS-IN - Hungarian Service Network for Mathematics in Industry and Innovations
- Ireland: Mathematics Applications Consortium for Science and Industry (MACSI)
- Italy: SM[i]² - Sportello Matematico per l’Industria Italiana
- The Netherlands: PWN - Platform Wiskunde Nederland
- Norway: NorMathsIn - Norwegian Network of Mathematics for Industry and Innovation
- Poland: PL-MATHS-IN - Polish Service Network for Mathematics in Industry and Innovations
- Portugal: PT-MATHS-IN – Rede Portuguesa de Matemática para a Indústria e Inovação
- Romania: RoCAMI – Romanian Consortium of Applied Mathematics in Industry
- Spain: math-in - Red Española Matemática-Industria
- Sweden: EU-MATHS-IN.se - Swedish Network for Mathematics in Industry
- United Kingdom: Smith Institute - The Smith Institute for Industrial Mathematics and System Engineering
EU-MATHS-IN offers the possibility to search and advertise jobs in industrial mathematics and related fields.